Rhinoplasty is one of the best cosmetic surgery to create the nose you have always desired. procedure: Rhinoplasty also, known as a nose job, can straighten a crooked nose, smooth a prominent bump, improve the size and shape of a nose, restore symmetry to the nose and correct breathing problems. Rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure that performed with general anesthesia or intravenous sedation; takes approximately an hour or more and its results are permanent. The possible side effects:
- temporary swelling
- bruising around the eyes or nose
- nasal stuffiness
- unsatisfactory nasal shape
- incomplete improvement that means additional surgery would be required.
Why nose surgery?
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular surgical procedures and today, there is a great demand for this surgery from both men and women around the world since the nose is one of the most prominent and most important elements of the face. The look of your nose has a direct impact on your beauty.
Besides, the nose has a vital function concerning the breathing and the regulation of air temperature.
During this procedure, the plastic surgeon modifies the cartilage and nasal bone to visualize a more optimal appearance.
Nose surgery can change the size, shape, and angle of your nose and make your nose in a way to fit better with the rest of your face. Nose surgery can correct the structural problems of the nose that cause respiratory problems. Rhinoplasty can also fix various nasal defects
Types of Rhinoplasty:
Two types of rhinoplasty can be performed to reshape the nose and improve its appearance:
In closed surgery, the cuts are completely inside the nose. Open surgery is usually longer in duration than closed surgery and is best suited for patients who need to change the tips of their nose. Closed surgery avoids a clear cut on the nose, but this method cannot be used in cases where there is a need for significant changes to the nose.
The only advantage of closed nasal surgery is the absence of incision in the middle of the nose, but the accuracy and outcome of nasal surgery with the open technique are greater and it is effective in correcting nasal aberration.
In open surgery, the tissue between the two nostrils named Columella is cut, the columella is a cartilage-like blade located at the bottom of the nasal septum that separates the two left and right nostrils. The columella is a wall of nasal tissue and connecting the tip of the nose to the nasal base. This wall forms the base of the nose.
In your initial visit, all the things you need to know about your nose surgery and will be explained.
If you decide to have nose surgery, you will be asked for a photograph, which is the photo needed to plan your operation.
Smoking is forbidden for 4 weeks before and after nasal surgery because nicotine disrupts the blood supply to the treated tissues due to vasoconstriction. Alcohol drinks are forbidden, so patients should refrain from alcohol for at least two weeks before nose surgery.
Your clothes should be of the kind you don't have to wear when you go to the clinic.
The day before nose surgery :
People cannot wash their heads for some time after nose surgery, so it is recommended that patients bathe the day before nose surgery.
Men should shave their beards and moustaches the day before.
Eating light dinner the night before surgery is recommended and that patients avoid eating and drinking for up to 8 hours before the operation.
Patients should drink plenty of water the day before nasal cosmetic surgery.
Important tips about nose surgery:
Nasal surgery can be performed with both general anesthesia and local anesthesia with sedation.
The new Rhinoplasty surgery methods will maximize the preservation of the nasal elements and minimize the chance of deformity and other complications.
At the end of the nasal surgery, an oily dressing will be used inside the nostrils, which will be removed within 2-3 days.
At the end of the nose surgery, a plaster or plastic nose splint is applied to the nose, which is removed within 7 to 10 days.
You will be discharged from the hospital in the afternoon if you don’t have other health issues.
- At the time of discharge, you will be prescribed painkillers, antibiotics and antihistamines
- After Rhinoplasty soft diet should be followed for the first two days.
- Avoid foods that need moving your lips too much (like an apple) for two weeks.
- Your head should be slightly higher than your body at rest after nose surgery.
- Putting cold compresses (ice bag) on the eyes for 48 hours after nose surgery will reduce swelling. The swelling peaked within 72 hours.
- Nasal discharge is normal for up to 72 hours after nasal surgery and, if necessary, replace the small gas in front of the nose.
- The plaster nose splint is removed after 7–10 days of nasal surgery. during this time you can bathe without getting your splint wet.
- Bruising after nose surgery is normal and disappears within 2 weeks.
- After plaster removal, major changes are evident, but gradual changes are complete within 6 to 12 months after surgery.
- After removing the plaster for up to 3 weeks you are not allowed to wear glasses and after that time it should be glued on the forehead for 3 weeks.
- Up to three weeks after nose surgery, avoid blowing your nose and you should sneeze with open mouth.
- Avoid activity and heavy exercises such as aerobics, weight lifting and prolonged bending for 3 weeks after Rhinoplasty.
- Sports such as wrestling, soccer, martial arts, etc. are banned for up to 3 months.
- The external sutures are removed on the fifth day after nose surgery and the internal sutures are spontaneously absorbed.
- Your nasal skin is sensitive to sunlight after nose surgery, so avoid sun exposure or use sunscreen for up to 8 weeks.
- The tip of your nose may become numb after nose surgery but the sense returns to normal within a few weeks.
The Rhinoplasty Capital Of The World
Based on the result of a joint study by the Iranian Society of Rhinology in collaboration with Johns Hopkins University more than 80,000 nose cosmetic surgeries are performed in Iran annually, which is seven times the rate of nasal surgeries in the United States.
The skill and experience of Iranian surgeons in performing a variety of models of nasal cosmetic procedures ranging from natural(simple) looking nose to barbie nose (fantasy/'dolly' nose) have increased due to the great number of surgeries operated by them.
There are countries such as South Korea or Brazil that tend to attract foreigners to get cosmetic surgeries but, it should be noted that In Iran, the nose job capital of the world, you can get nose surgery with the cheapest price while receiving high-quality services.
The high success rate of a nose job in Iran is due to various factors such as improved surgical techniques, competitive prices, and finally, skilled doctors.
The cost of this cosmetic surgery in Iran is significantly lower than in other countries, while the satisfaction rate is higher.
Since Iran has the best nose surgeons in the Middle East, many people around the world are deciding to have their nose surgery in Iran, in particular in Tehran Iranian beauty clinics provide high quality services and facilities to patients, and patients can benefit from the latest medical and cosmetic services.
In conclusion, many people around the world trust our skilled doctors, preferring to have their nose surgery in Iran while enjoying the many Iranian tourist attractions.