Breast augmentation(Boob Job) is a cosmetic surgery for women who want beautiful breasts.
Where the incisions are made and the type, shape and size of the implants varies for each person and is determined by the surgeon due to the individual’s body structure and the skin thickness as well as patients preferences , but following the tips stated below can be very effective in achieving the desired results.
1. The healing process begins after surgery is completed. Because there are so many options for implant type, placement and incision, the duration of breast implant surgery recovery vary widely.
2. Immediately after breast augmentation surgery, the patient will be transferred to the recovery room for close monitoring. If general conditions are stabled, which usually takes up to an hour, the patient is allowed to go home.
3. Before discharge, your doctor will give you specific instructions for the recovery period and determine the next appointment. The surgeon may prescribe medicine for you. Prescription drugs include painkillers and antibiotics to prevent infection.
4. Post-breast surgery bra is a medical bra that should be worn after surgery. The duration of its usage is determined by your doctor.
5. All patients generally require at least 2 days of post-operative rest, followed by a few days of light activity. Most patients are able to return to their daily routine after almost a week or two. However, swelling and pain can continue for an additional 3 to 4 weeks.
6. The patient should consume light and soft foods for 48 hours after breast augmentation surgery such as soup, pineapple juice, orange juice, celery juice and vitamin C.
7. In the first months, prevent pressure on the chest and hands. Lifting weights of more than one kg can cause a problem.
8. Start walking the next day after breast surgery. Walking prevents the creation of blood clots in the legs and reduces swelling.
9. The surgeon may ask the patient to massage the breast. If this is the case, the patient will first be taught how to massage the breasts, then the massage should be performed by the patient at a specific time.
10. Your surgeon will give you instructions for bathing. Be sure to follow your doctor’s recommendations & orders.