Chin Implant SurgeryJanuary 27, 2020
What is a breast augmentation procedure?February 1, 2020
Dimpleplasty is a type of cosmetic surgery
performed to create dimples. The dimples appear at the bottom of the cheek when some people smile. Also, some people may have chin dimple. Not everyone is born with this feature.
In people who have natural dimples, they either caused by facial muscles in the skin or resulted from injuries. Regardless of the cause, in some cultures, the dimples represent beauty and good fortune. For these reasons, demand for dimple surgery has increased in recent years.
Nowadays it is possible to create one or more dimple on the cheek which can be done in a day through cosmetic surgery
by using local anesthesia. In this surgery usually the results are permanent. The position and size of the dimple is based on personal choice that can be further evaluated by your doctor.
- Do not eat or drink at least 6 hours before surgery
- Avoid smoking at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after surgery
- At least 1 week before surgery stop drinking alcohol
- Take a shower before surgery
- Do not use eye lenses, nail polish, jewelry and any cosmetics on the day of surgery.
- Follow your doctor's instructions on oral health and hygiene at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after surgery.
Dimpleplasty is an outpatient surgery. You can undergo surgery at the doctor's office without having to go to the hospital and do not need general anesthesia. First, a local anesthetic such as lidocaine is applied to the skin of the area to avoid pain and discomfort during surgery. It takes about 10 minutes for the anesthetic to work. The doctor then creates a hole using a small biopsy to remove some muscle and fat and make room for the creation of dimple which is 2 to 3 mm in length. After determining the location of the dimple, a suture is applied from one muscle to the other so that the dimple remain permanently.
- Do not use cold or hot food or drinks until your local anesthesia is completely resolved to prevent damage from eating too hot or cold foods and drinks
- Carefully monitor your oral health for at least 15 days after surgery.
- Use Chlorhexidine mouthwash after eating or drinking for a 15-day period after surgery.
- Please take the prescribed antibiotic medication for a full period.
- You can use paracetamol to control possible pain. Contact your specialist doctor if you are unable to relieve your pain.
- Contact your specialist doctor if you experience increased pain, swelling, bruising, or other undesirable symptoms after dimple surgery. You may also need to visit your doctor within 5-10 days after surgery to remove any sutures and examinations you may need.
Recovery period after surgery
Recovery after a dimple surgery is almost immediately. There is no need for hospitalization. You can return home after surgery. You usually have a little swelling after surgery and you can reduce the swelling by placing a cold compress on your cheek.
Inflation disappears after a few days. Many people can return to work or school after two days. Your doctor may arrange an appointment a few weeks after surgery to check the outcome .
You can have dimpleplasty at https://iht.health/ with the best price and the highest quality services so don’t hesitate and get your free consultation.