Knee Joint Replacement (Arthroplasty)January 18, 2020
The unique properties of various plant waters and distillatesJanuary 22, 2020
Morning of surgery
- Do not carry any metal tools (hair clamps, jewelry, etc.)
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing and avoid wearing pantyhose
- It is best to have a pillow and blanket in the car so you can use it when you return from the hospital.
- 1. Cold compresses (A gel eye mask) on eyes and cheeks are recommended for the first 2 to 3 days after surgery and after the third day warm compresses could be applied.
- 3.Normal saline spray or serum to cleanse or moisten nostrils 3 to 4 times daily.
- 5 blowing your nose is forbidden for at least three weeks after surgery but you can raise your nose as much as you want.
- 7. Any type of nose manipulation (nose rubbing, fining and massage) is forbidden in the first three weeks after surgery, and sneezing during this period should be done by mouth.
- 9.Do not take vitamin tablets or other nutritional supplements.
- 11. You can leave home the second day after surgery.
- 13. Internal splints make you feel like having the flu and cause sneezing reflexes. Don't worry, sneeze with your mouth open. Sneezing does not ruin your nose!
- 15. Swimming is prohibited in the first month, after which you are only free to swim in the pool with chlorinated water for two months.
- 17. Avoid wearing glasses for three weeks.
- 19. Contact your doctor if you have a fever or pain that is not controlled by painkillers or persistent clear nose bleeding.
- 21. Do not sleep on your face for up to two months after surgery. .
- 23. You should tape your nose for the first two months after surgery as instructed by your doctor and change the tapes every other day.
- 2. Use of ointment prescribed for you with a cotton applicator on the sutures and below nostrils twice daily ,for the first week.
- 4.Do not use any kind of nasal vasoconstrictor sprays during recovery.
- 6. Regularly change the frontal bandage until the nasal discharge stops and remove the dressing after the discharging stops.
- 8. Do not stay in hot places as much as possible.
- 10. Stay in a vertical position except for sleeping time.
- 12. Plastic splints are waterproof You can take a warm shower for 2 to 3 minutes every day. You can wet the splint but you should not expose it to steam.
- 14. Do not exercise for a month.
- 16. Avoid lifting weights over three kilograms, up to a month and a half after surgery.
- 18. Be careful not to hit your nose.
- 20.Have a fluid diet on the day of surgery. After the first day of the surgery have a soft diet, any eating that causes excessive movement of the lips (such as eating apples or corn) is forbidden for the first three weeks.
- 22. Nasal sutures are removed on the 9th or 10th day after surgery.
- 24. Nasal skin numbness is normal up to the first six months after surgery.
The first appointment with your doctor after surgery
• Your first appointment is 7 days after surgery when the sutures and external splint are removed by your doctor and you are taught how to tape your nose.
• Take a warm shower for 20 to 30 minutes before going to the office to soften and remove the external splint.
• Your nose is swollen because of surgery, especially in the tip of the nose and the tip of the nose is slightly over-raised so don't judge your nose appearance until one year after surgery.
• The sutures in the nose can be absorbed. Sometimes the process of absorbing sutures in the nose causes a bad smell in your nose which is not a concern.
• You can use anti-inflammatory foods (green tea, pineapple, parsley, etc.) from day 10 after surgery.
• Apply sunscreen with SPF over 30 in the first six months after surgery.
• After surgery, you should visit your doctor one week later, one month later, three months later, six months later and one year later.