Perfect Nose Shape That Fits YouJanuary 8, 2020
Brazilian butt lift(BBL)January 13, 2020
The nose, because of its prominence and centrality of the face, attracts attention at first glance, so the slightest defect after cosmetic nose surgery is quite noticeable. Besides, the nose is not only a part of the face for beauty,but it also has other important functions, such as breathing, that should be taken into account during nose surgery.
Some times after the initial nose surgery
, the desired result and ideal expected nose, may be achieved due to the problems with the appearance of the nose or its functions .
For example, some patients develop respiratory problems or are not satisfied with the shape of the nose. In such cases, Revision rhinoplasty
This type of surgery is, for many reasons, far more complicated and complicated than primary rhinoplasty. Because of the high sensitivity of this reconstructive surgery, it is usually more costly to the patients since in many cases the nose surgeon needs to repair and reconstruct the damaged nose and more changes should be performed than the primary nose surgery.
When the second surgery after primary rhinoplasty can be performed ?
A minimum of one year is required to have secondary nose surgery. Although some nasal swelling disappears quickly after the first surgery, it takes a year for all types of swelling to disappear and complete nose shape forms.
Candidates for Rhinoplasty Revision
Revision nose surgery is recommended in case of having one or more of the following:
- Respiratory restriction, nasal obstruction, or functional problems following primary rhinoplasty
- Nasal Injury During Recovery After Surgery
- Dissatisfaction with the final appearance of the nose after recovery
What are the requirements before Revision nose surgery?
- 1- Taking a photo for preoperative analysis is necessary. In cases of respiratory disorders, CT scans of the nose and sinuses or endoscopy of the nose and sinuses may be performed to complete the diagnostic information.
- 2. If you have your second nose surgery with a physician other than the first surgeon, the more the second surgeon knows about your first operation, the more capable he or she will be in deciding your next surgery methods . Therefore, having pre and post-operative photographs of your first surgery and, if possible, accessing details of the first nose surgery is also helpful.
- 3. If general anesthesia is required for second (revision) nose surgery, routine preoperative tests are required, but blood tests may not be required for minor procedures performed with local anesthesia in the doctor’s office or clinic.
Revision rhinoplasty and the challenges ahead Since some nasal cartilage may be lost or destroyed during primary rhinoplasty surgery, considering the remaining cartilage the rest of the needed cartilage is borrowed from the other cartilage in the patient's body to replace the previous cartilage.
One of the cartilages that can be used is ear cartilage. Although the ear cuts can be well covered and the shape, size and function of the ear will not change, the need to get cartilage from adjacent tissue means having an extra cut.
In addition to the ear, rib bone cartilage can also be used. The type of choice varies according to the surgeon, the degree of nasal tissue damage and patient satisfaction. Sometimes some cartilage may be used in combination.
In some cases, when much of the cartilage is lost, other artificial tissues such as Medpor can be used.
Another point about revision surgery is that the part of the nose that was previously operated on should now be reopened. This doubles the complexity of the surgery. Therefore, the surgical time required for revision rhinoplasty is usually longer than the time required for primary nose surgery and may sometimes take up to 4 hours.
The postoperative care and recovery time after the revision nose surgery Post-operative care of the nose is similar to the first surgery. If no operation is done on the nasal bone, no nose splint is required. In limited cases, the tampon or adhesive may not need to be applied or only it is needed for a short period.
But in more severe cases, and especially in those with thicker skin, it may be necessary to continue using nose adhesive for up to two months after nasal surgery. In terms of swelling and bruising, there is a very low chance of bruising if no bone is operated on. Recovery in mild cases is two to three days and in cases requiring rib grafting, it may take more than one week. But usually a 5-7 day break is enough.